relief box in gas furnace

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wuzzat?

Reaction score
What does it do?
What is it relieving?

I have to fix the vent pipe that attaches, it's rusted.
I guess we're not dead from CO because the draft sucks out all the exhaust products.

I don’t know what a relief box is or its function.

As to CO it is obvious you are not dead as you can still type. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t be seeing elevated CO levels somewhere below the death limit.

Do you have a CO detector? I would recommend all have them in their living areas.

I don’t know what a relief box is or its function.

As to CO it is obvious you are not dead as you can still type. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t be seeing elevated CO levels somewhere below the death limit.

Do you have a CO detector? I would recommend all have them in their living areas.
Yes, CO & smoke detectors.
We've never had CO related flu symptoms that I know of. but one of our neighbors was near death with her CO problem. And she had no idea why she was feeling poorly.
And a lady driving to work with a very loud exhaust system was puzzling over why she had severe headaches lately.

As to being dead, half the men my age will be dead in 14 years.
This info could be a relief to some and a spur to action for others. :p

But in my case CO related brain damage to what healthy cells I have left is a very real possibility. . .:(

Last edited:
Back