Remote sensor- thermostat

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadathepanda

Reaction score
I'm looking for a movable thermostat that connects wirelessly to a wall mounted controller. My thermostat is wired in the living room but I need to control the temperature in one of the bedrooms where the baby sleeps. If I lower the thermostat to 65 over night, it still makes it too warm in her room so I need a wall mounted receiver and a portable thermostat to put in the bedroom.
Do any of you know of such a device, I think it should be an easy thing to make but can't find anything like that online- only thermostats that attach directly to the boiler and 'talk' to the sensor in the house like the Redlink from Honeywell. This route is too expensive and too complicated for me to instal.

Thanks!

Many thermostats can connect with wireless remote sensors. I always recommend Honeywell, it doesn’t need to be the red link model, that setup does get expensive. Get a wireless remote sensor for it and program it to be the controlling temperature reading then disable the sensor in the thermostat itself. Just check the specs to confirm the thermostat is comparable with the wireless remote sensor first. You can mount the sensor to the wall where you want it to stay then unclip it when you want to move it. Be cautious of big box store thermostats, they lack many of these functionalities even though they look identical.

Back