Removed Toilet, Ring is bent

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ293

Reaction score
Had a friend over to replace floors and toilets in my bathroom. He pulled the old toilet and saw that the ring where the toilet sits was bent pretty badly and possibly broken. He doesn't do plumbing so he recommended I talk to a plumber prior to putting the new toilet on. I plan on calling one but wanted to see if anyone could provide some guidance about what the damage is and what it may cost to have it fixed.

Appreciate it.

Welcome.

It looks to be ABS, however if you could clean the area a bit, and then provide a photo from directly above the closet ring.

There are several repair assemblies, that may apply.

Welcome.

It looks to be ABS, however if you could clean the area a bit, and then provide a photo from directly above the closet ring.

There are several repair assemblies, that may apply.

Thanks. ABS would be easier to replace correct? I didn't get a chance to clean yet but I did take this photo before seeing your reply from above.

Photo: Ring-3-1

Does that help at all? Any chance we could just put the new toilet back on and the flange would bend back down or is it worth getting repaired?

Thanks again

It looks like ABS, however it's reputably not malleable, the because the closet ring is deformed, that part may be metal, and can be forced back down.

Here are some repair parts, and the 1st two would be my inclination, depending on the sub straight, IE wood or concrete; closet ring repair products

Back