removing radiators

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterbrown12

Reaction score
I'm moving to a new place needing lots of fixes and renovations. The furnace no longer works so we would like to remove the radiators from every room in the house. We have other means of heat and they just take up room and they are ugly to look at...what's the best way to take them out

Assuming they have been disconnected from the system and how long they have been there, what type of clearance you have for pipe wrenches and/or pipe cutters, I'd opt for a sawzall. Just cut the inlet/outlet, disconnect any wiring if applicable and haul them away.

I'm moving to a new place needing lots of fixes and renovations. The furnace no longer works so we would like to remove the radiators from every room in the house. We have other means of heat and they just take up room and they are ugly to look at...what's the best way to take them out

What type of radiators are they , are you talking stand up hot water radiators cast iron? Paul

Back