Removing Stationary Window Pane

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvc714

Reaction score
Hello All.

I have a sliding aluminum frame window that I would like to sacrifice for a window air conditioner without having to go the casement AC route.

Basically, I would like to remove the stationary window pane and want to be sure it is do-able before I start.

Below are some pictures of the window.

The first picture is the center of the window. I believe this screw needs to be removed for me to remove the stationary pane.

The second picture is the edge of the stationary pane. I do not see any joints like on the sliding pane.

The third picture is the bottom corner of the stationary pane.

The fourth picture is the whole window.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Widnow-Center-Bottom.jpg

Window-Stationary-Edge.jpg

Window-Interior-Stationary-Corner.jpg

Window-Whole.jpg

The glass should be changeable but ever one is different at least the old ones I have taken glass out of are. That screw and one above should allow the center to come out I think something across the top might come out to allaw the glass to be lifted up and out.
Vinyl windows have a removable trim inside or outside but what ever you find there will be a sealer to deal with.

It looks that way to me too.

Since I will be removing the glass like replacing it, I will attempt this when I have time to do it from start to finish so that I do not have an always open window until I put in the AC unit.

Thanks for the help.

Finally, I found a place where I can also discuss my problem regarding windows. I lived in the USA, and in summer sunlight is the big issue. After that my best friend give me the suggestion that we can tint our windows. I am looking for home window tinting services. If anyone had the suggestion regarding window tinting they can suggest me.

You know the vinyl stuff the kids put on their car windows to make them black from the outside. The last time I needed some i found it at a vinyl sign company, the guys that make signs for truck doors. They had many colours and sold it by the foot.

Back