repair wood siding

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pryzthepenguin

Reaction score
I am not the mr fix it guy at all. I rather pay someone to do the job. What way do you think would be best to fix some siding.

2013-07-10 15.12.50.jpg

From my armchair I can see issues with the flashing pan where the roof edge terminates into the chimney, the corner boards are seperating at the corners and there doesn't appear to be a proper chimney cap on top of the chimney chase. A closer inspection need to be done.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...:welcome: to House Repair Talk!

Any chance you can get on the roof for some more photos. Are you in an area where you might get freezing weather.

ya I live in MN so we get cold weather haha. I have the siding falling off on the top side too, just didn't get on the roof today. Just wondered who I may contact to fix something like this. Originally I planned to get the whole house resided but I want to buy a few more years first.

There should be something like this to devert water away from the chimney and then there should be a cap on the top of the chimney, so seeing it from a bove would help.

chimney detail.png

Looks like just the one piece is busted up. If you could cut a new piece that could fit under the corner flashing perhaps you could simply tack it on with a few finish nails and also use some silicone caulk under to hold it in place. Then caulk as needed to seal up. It is what I would do.

Latest posts

Back