Repairs in a travel trailer.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop by HD and take a tour thru the paint and caulking dept., on your way to the bath section, or try google.

Stop by HD and take a tour thru the paint and caulking dept., on your way to the bath section, or try google.

What type of tape should I put over the Polyseamseal caulk before I put the vinyl moulding on? Or is tape unnecessary?

Tape creates a film that will fail.

The molding is self-adhesive, so allow the POLY to take a set before you apply.

Tape creates a film that will fail.

The molding is self-adhesive, so allow the POLY to take a set before you apply.

I used Polyseamseal. That part is fine. I can't find any vinyl mouldings like has been mentioned in this forum. The only vinyl mouldings they sell at HD are way too heavy.

What should I use for this?

I used Polyseamseal. That part is fine. I can't find any vinyl mouldings like has been mentioned in this forum. The only vinyl mouldings they sell at HD are way too heavy.

What should I use for this?

The moulding mentioned in post #40, is 1/2" by 1-1/4", when installed as directed you should not have a vertical or horizontal exposure of more the 5/8", each way.

If it's not available in a store, it's available on-line.

Here is another product; https://www.homedepot.com/s/2.5%22%20cove%20base?NCNI-5

Last edited:
Lowe's has some that is decorative while HD just has the plain.

The product is sold in roles and 4' lengths, and are returnable should you change your mind.

It's in the flooring dept. at both locations.

Lowe's has some that is decorative while HD just has the plain.

The product is sold in roles and 4' lengths, and are returnable should you change your mind.

It's in the flooring dept. at both locations.

You're talking about 2.5" tall cove base, correct?

Is wall base and cove base the same thing? Everything on the shelves says wall base. Do I have any other option because is this stuff even meant to go in tubs? I think it's for interior walls, but not bathtubs. Is there any product specifically for bathtubs?

Something like this?...

https://m.lowes.com/pd/FLEXCO-Tub-Moulding-1-5-in-x-60-in-Vinyl-Bathtub-Moulding/3022466

Except if you look at the picture, there already is bathtub moulding and the leaks are coming from above that. I'm not sure if I can add more because of the corner bend in the moulding.

What should I use to seal that wood permanently?

This is an old pic. There is now Polyseamseal where the cracks are.

1021171838a.jpg

Last edited:
Is wall base and cove base the same thing?

Life is a dance, you learn as you go; Not necessarily and in part it depends upon what it is composed from.Vinyl, rubber/ized and plastic can be used around a tub, with the specific adhesive.

Everything on the shelves says wall base. Do I have any other option because is this stuff even meant to go in tubs? I think it's for interior walls, but not bathtubs. Is there any product specifically for bathtubs?

Life is a dance, you learn as you go; You've been afforded numerous examples so it's now time to start your trial and error process, we, collectively, can't hold your hand.

Except if you look at the picture, there already is bathtub moulding and the leaks are coming from above that.

Which should have been removed, the paneling thoroughly cleaned, then caulked.

I'm not sure if I can add more because of the corner bend in the moulding.

That installation, is at best "ship-shod" and should have been removed.

What should I use to seal that wood permanently?

By correctly installing, or hiring the installation done of which ever trim you elect to have installed.And periodically inspecting and correcting.

How should I cover these caulked spots on the shower wall? They were screw holes. The rest is wallpaper, but Home Depot/Lowe's don't sell wallpaper anymore.

And how can I add a door to this hallway. It has a track already, but I don't think they sell a "soft" door to fit at any of the stores. They only sell "hard" folding doors like bifold doors and that's not what I want.

0210181800.jpg

0210181800a.jpg

0210181800b.jpg

You might try a travel trailer supply company or retailer. Or you could put paneling up in the bath room. for the door google it you might get lucky.

Last edited:
You might try a travel trailer supply company or retailer. Or you could put paneling up in the bath room. for the door google it you might get lucky.

What should I Google? What type of door is this called?

Are they vinyl accordion doors? I believe they might be.

Last edited:
This is the only wallpaper I could find in stock.

I suppose I need to waterproof it for use in a shower?

https://www.hunker.com/13416893/how-to-waterproof-wallpaper

Better question... Why is this shower made of wallpaper, and what is the actual best way to cover those caulked spots? Ideally, the shower wouldn't be wallpaper, but it's been that way for over 20 years.

0211181358.jpg

Last edited:
Back