Replacement grids for 1980s windows

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundanc122

Reaction score
Hello! I've searched everywhere I could think of on the internet, and come up short figuring out how to solve this problem. I'd really appreciate any help or advice!

My dog chewed up the plastic grid in one of my kitchen windows. The window seems to be two panes of glass, one on top of the other, attached in the middle with a metal bar. The plastic grids attach to the metal bar and divide each section into three rectangles. I have no idea where to get replacement plastic grids that would fit. See pictures for better explanation. The first picture is a normal window with minimal chew marks, the second picture is the adjacent window with lots of chewing damage.

Further information: We are looking to put our house on the market in the next month. The windows will all be replaced completely in the next year, but it won't be before we'd like to sell. Even though we have to pay for the windows, the condo association chooses when the installation can happen in conjunction with the facade refreshment, and it won't be until the summer at the earliest.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated! THANK YOU!

IMG_7425.jpg

IMG_7421.jpg

IMG_7422.jpg

IMG_7423.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

Back