Ryobi Batteries - Off-Brand

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky617

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these for Ryobi 18V tools? My current batch of batteries are no longer holding a charge for very long. These are way cheaper than Ryobi's but I'd love to hear if anyone has tried them. My primary driver and drill are Dewalts, but I have a large selection of Ryobi 18V tools that I'd just as soon not replace at this time.

You have to love the ESL writer that put together the website.

Note:
1. The battery must be FULLY charged before first use.
2. The battery is stored in a cool and dry place.
3. Do not Separation, extrusion, and impact.
4. Do not put battery into water and fire.
5. Keep away from children.

https://www.batterybatterybattery.c...term=4588468181664851&utm_content=Ad group #1

OEM Ryobi battery's are one of the lowest cost replacement battery's on the market.
I've tried some of the cheaper after market ones and it's never worked out.
Any I've tried charged fine, snapped in OK, held a charge OK, but would not pop out.
They had to be pried out with a screwdriver.

Joe, do you remember which one you tried? I may go with the adapter instead. I have a right angle drill I use rarely, but when you need it, it is handy. And a small circular saw. Saws in general are battery eaters. I also have a saws-all and numerous drills in Ryobi. When I need a saws-all I usually grab my corded one.

I received my Dewalt to Ryobi adapter today. Fits well and works. Now I can standardize on one battery type. I may get a package of Ryobi batteries when they go on sale for Christmas and give a couple of my tools to my daughter along with the charger. She just got her first post college apartment and can use some simple tools. I'm going to put together a tool box for her with the kind of things you need for apartment life including a cordless drill, torpedo level, adjustable wrenches, screw drivers, tape measure, drill bits and driver bits. Dad gifts.

That there looks pretty kewl... Batteries here in Canada are pretty expensive unless you can grab them when they are on sale... Just curious, where do you get these adapters, and roughly what are they worth... Thanks Mates...
Cheers~

I'm going to put together a tool box for her with the kind of things you need for apartment life
I got one of these 130 piece tool kits to carry in my car trunk at all times. Now that the plandemic has settled down a bit, they put it back on sale again occasionally for $29.95! At that price, I just couldn't justify not having it. Of course, not the greatest tools but vastly better than nothing when you need something.:
https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-set-with-case-130-piece-63248.html

Back