screwdrivers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyB

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Id like your opinion on screwdrivers. Do you guys think that craftsman line of screwdrivers are good enough for around the house jobs and such? Id love to have a snap on set but just dont have that kind of cash to spend.

cheers olddog/newtrick

I hear alot of people bag on them? the craftsman tools that I have had I have never had a problem

Craftsman are lifetime guaranteed. They are an excellent choice for tools home or work.

I have lots of old ones made in USA and they are good but the newer ones don't seem to compare.

There are two main reasons that people get upset about. They now send alot of their orders overseas to be made and the quality seems to have taken a pretty good hit when compared to the identical tool produced a decade ago.

Personally, I use these tools every day and find them more than adequate to perform any task asked of them. My biggest complaint is that they are not that comfortable on your hand. Watch the Sears sale fliers and you can find sets on sale regularly. (As for Snap-On: Unless you are a full time mechanic, don't waste your money!!)

I do agree with mrross506 and most all the comments here Jeremy B.

I have the large set of craftsman and am happy with them.

Once I did break off a tip and I took it back into my local Sears, the clerk handed me a brand new one and said thanks for shopping with us, no questions asked.

IMO That is the kinda service that is lacking today, it seems to me.

BTW the entire large set was under 40 dollars so it is a good investment for sure. Watch for sales in the paper and get you a nice set.

Last edited:
Back