Sealed Fireplace - Won't remain Lit

Discussion in 'Electrical and Wiring' started by brewer55, Nov 14, 2012.

  1. Nov 14, 2012 #1

    brewer55

    brewer55

    brewer55

    Junior Member

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2010
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    4
    I've got a fireplace in my upstairs bedroom that I rarely use. It is a sealed unit (glass covers the gas logs). I am able to start it and when I press the wall plate switch it does fire up and will burn for about 5 minutes, and then it goes out. I mentioned this to a friend and he thinks it could be a bad thermocouple?

    Attached is a picture of the starter. I am a complete noob on attempting to fix this on my own but, I would like to try if it is not too difficult.

    Any advise would be appreciated.

    Fireplace.jpg
     
  2. Nov 15, 2012 #2

    inspectorD

    inspectorD

    inspectorD

    Housebroken Staff Member Admin Moderator

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2005
    Messages:
    4,502
    Likes Received:
    267
    Check your vent to see if it is plugged, someone may have moved in and the CO sensor will shut the unit down.
     
    nealtw likes this.

Share This Page