Seeding too late in the fall?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekrig

Reaction score
So, I'm having a landscaping company do some work on my backyard and aerate my lawn. I was planning to seed over my current lawn after that. The problem is that it won't be until sometime in October before they do that. I'm concerned that that will be too late in the year for seeding, and maybe it won't matter. I live in Northern New Jersey. What do you think?

No it's not to late.
By then your going to be getting into the rainy season so you do not have to water it, and it's cool enough it's not going to burn up.
Suggestion, go on the Scotts website for suggestions on what lawn care treatments it needs at what time of year.
If you wanted to you can even set it up so the they will ship what's needed for that time of year right to your door.
Likely this is what there going to suggest.
https://www.scotts.com/en-us/products/lawn-food/scotts-turf-builder-winterguard-fall-weed-feed3

Great.
I think that I still have some of that product because I also used it last year, but will surely need to buy more. Thanks.

Great.
I think that I still have some of that product because I also used it last year, but will surely need to buy more. Thanks.

Back