sending email confirmation took many tries

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Michael Armstrong

Reaction score
I finally received an email confirmation request, but its been many tries over a couple weeks. If you've got any records showing why your email to me failed, I'd sure like to see them. This has happened a few times when a website has tried to verify my email address, and so far I've only got an inkling of what's going on. Usually I give up after 8 or 10 tries, but yours Any help would be appreciated.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could the email have been placed in your spam folder?

I see you live around Astoria, Oregon? Been there a few times. You are one lucky person. It is beautiful there!

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just sent you a personal email to verify it is correct. Please check your spam folder, and let me know if you get it.

Michael Armstrong

Reaction score
I got it just fine. The only problems I see are when an account verification email is sent. I suspect that (perhaps) that is done by a service that has a tighter validation spec of some kind. I get to see all mail, spam folder or not, so that's not it. I did get a message from a networking guru that a Verizon MTA rejected it a couple of years ago, but no clues since then.

And I'm actually about 131 miles NNE of Astoria; even prettier in Hansville, WA.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I will report the issue. I also see you are from an area well north of Astoria, but I wonder why your IP address pops up as Astoria?

Yes, you are in God's country. My old Chief of Police moved to Sequim, Wa., just west of you and became the Police Chief up there for a few years. I also lost many friends/relatives in a devastating house fire in Everett, Wa, just east of you about 5 years ago. I also have friends who live in Forks, Wa, and a former sister in law that lives in the area. A small world, huh?

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Not seeing an error for your account, but getting with the person in charge of the server to see if the email has a blockage.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(I sent an email from my PC and Mike responded immediately)

Latest posts