sending email confirmation took many tries

Discussion in 'HouseRepairTalk Website Help' started by Michael Armstrong, Jan 15, 2019.

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating:

1. Jan 15, 2019 #1

Michael Armstrong

Michael Armstrong

Michael Armstrong

I finally received an email confirmation request, but its been many tries over a couple weeks. If you've got any records showing why your email to me failed, I'd sure like to see them. This has happened a few times when a website has tried to verify my email address, and so far I've only got an inkling of what's going on. Usually I give up after 8 or 10 tries, but yours Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jan 15, 2019 #2

havasu

havasu

havasu

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Could the email have been placed in your spam folder?

I see you live around Astoria, Oregon? Been there a few times. You are one lucky person. It is beautiful there!

3. Jan 15, 2019 #3

havasu

havasu

havasu

I just sent you a personal email to verify it is correct. Please check your spam folder, and let me know if you get it.

4. Jan 16, 2019 #4

Michael Armstrong

Michael Armstrong

Michael Armstrong

I got it just fine. The only problems I see are when an account verification email is sent. I suspect that (perhaps) that is done by a service that has a tighter validation spec of some kind. I get to see all mail, spam folder or not, so that's not it. I did get a message from a networking guru that a Verizon MTA rejected it a couple of years ago, but no clues since then.

And I'm actually about 131 miles NNE of Astoria; even prettier in Hansville, WA.

5. Jan 16, 2019 #5

havasu

havasu

havasu

Welcome. I will report the issue. I also see you are from an area well north of Astoria, but I wonder why your IP address pops up as Astoria?

Yes, you are in God's country. My old Chief of Police moved to Sequim, Wa., just west of you and became the Police Chief up there for a few years. I also lost many friends/relatives in a devastating house fire in Everett, Wa, just east of you about 5 years ago. I also have friends who live in Forks, Wa, and a former sister in law that lives in the area. A small world, huh?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  6. Jan 16, 2019 #6

Michael Armstrong

Michael Armstrong

Michael Armstrong

Small indeed. I go to Sequim for a pilots' group meeting once a month. Nice area.

7. Jan 17, 2019 #7

Angie

Angie

Angie

Thanks for the information. Not seeing an error for your account, but getting with the person in charge of the server to see if the email has a blockage.

8. Jan 17, 2019 #8

havasu

havasu

havasu

(I sent an email from my PC and Mike responded immediately)

Angie likes this.