Serious leak in foundation, NEED HELP ASAP

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldrustedtrain

Reaction score
i have an old row home, and the cement patio in front is slanted towards the foundation. water pools up against the house, and it drains into the basement, cracking the retaining wall. is it possible to fix this without tearing up the patio and rebuilding it? i've tried sealants, compounds and hydraulic cement, and have had little luck so far.
thanks,
-daniel

You need to find someone who will mudjack it for you to change the slope. Holes are drilled and high pressure mud is injected under the concrete to force it up.

perhaps mudjacking'll work but i'll bet only temporarily & certainly for ONLY the rain that falls ON IT ! ! ! IF your house were in tx, results may be different, tho :hide:

wtr runs downhill ( wow - what a revelation, huh ? ) &, in its history, has already created little underground pathways leading further down to [ guess where ] to your foundation,,, IF you're lucky, it can be injected w/hydrophyllic polyurethane grout - i'd bet hydraulic's a waste of time & $ but you can diy the hyd approach.

even we'd have little luck trying to resolve this severe negative water problem, danny.
ps - we've done phila row houses & that exp helps recommend a method

Latest posts

Back