Show us your Tool Box / Tool storage setup

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so you can rip 8' lengths with an RA?
You're only limited by the amount of space space available to the saw. In my shop, My RAS's head can be rotated and tightened down to rip boards up to 20' long, and 24" wide should I have the need/desire to do so. There might be a minimum width, but I can change that with spacer blocks.

I just sold my Craftsman RA at a yard sale for 30 bucks, worked great.

my trailer is only a 6x12 so i dont have enough room inside to work o full sheet I'm gonna stick with the table saw for now but might go do some cutting with my step dads RA amd see how i like it

You need to mount a panel saw on the outside wall.

my trailer is only a 6x12 so i dont have enough room inside to work o full sheet I'm gonna stick with the table saw for now but might go do some cutting with my step dads RA amd see how i like it

WoodRacing,
Sorry 'bout that, I was thinking your trailer was wider. Chris may have a better idea with the panel saw, but I'd want some way to remove or secure the saw from theft & weather.
The folding job-site saw is looking better all the time; Just watch the Pawn Shops, Auctions, Estate Sales, Craigslist, & E-Bay. They are out there, and if you watch, you can buy one for the money! :D

It would be nice to build a panel saw that is permanent but the saw part comes off and is stored inside the trailer until needed, then all you have outside is some metal welded and bolted to the trailer.

Good thing about panel saws is that they are easy to use by yourself without setting up rollers or a table.

If you put a little wider rollers on the bottom you could use it to haul sheet goods to the job too if you only had a few sheets.

I took the shelf and ladder hooks off the wall across from the miter saw and built a new setup. I'll post pics tomorrow of the new shelves after I get it all cleaned up and reorganized we kinda just threw the scrap material and debris in there friday so its hard to get good pics at the moment.

Back