Show us your Tool Box / Tool storage setup

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the last few years I began doing more house rehabs than wrench spinning. So I had to get a toolbox to go.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/Runum/Cars/IMGA0217.jpg

Hey Runum

Now thats a big tool box you got there. How about an update on how she is doing and a picture. :D

I was thinking how some graphics could make that thing really look just like a big tool chest?:cool:

:thumbsup:

That Snap On cost a pretty penny but sure is good looking!

The price was pretty good and my rep got me a good deal and I got some free stuff to

I have had several Craftsman cabinets for years and they work okay for home use. They do help to get your tools organized and in one place. See avitar FYI.

For commercial use, I would suggest getting a heavy duty cabinet.

I have wondered about those cabinets that cost more than the tools kept in them? :confused:

I have nicer tool boxes bolted to my work trucks then I have in my garage. In the garage I have a crappy old Craftsman box that i inherited.

Just a FYI out there. Wife and I saw a tool shed at local garden center. She said it would be good for our lawn stuff. We built this "tool box" to get all those yard tools out of the garage. It sure helped free up some space. That same day we saw it I went back up there later with tape measure and a pad to draw a plan. Came home and started building it in the driveway.;)

View attachment 080.JPG

I love my Stanley Vidmar cabinets

ruge5yna.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I love my Stanley Vidmar cabinets

ruge5yna.jpg

WELCOME ABOARD THERE

Those are some really sweet cabinets. They might just cost more than the car in my garage.:thumbsup:

Did you have an inside source for them?;)

More pics if you can.:cool:

WELCOME ABOARD THERE

Those are some really sweet cabinets. They might just cost more than the car in my garage.:thumbsup:

Did you have an inside source for them?;)

More pics if you can.:cool:

Thank you. They are nice for sure. I've had multiple Snap On boxes in the past and the quality of these cabinets easily matches or exceeds Snap On quality. I'll try to get some more pics up soon.

I have one stanley cabinet and love that thing.

Built a bench for my Miter saw in the mobile shop. I set it up on a slide so I can pull it out and get full slide and swing motion of the saw then push it back against the wall for more room to work inside and for travel, and I set it up near the back of the trailer so I can cut 12' of material to the right inside the trailer and unlimited length to the left.The top pic is set up for operation of the saw and the bottom one is pushed back and locked down for travel mode.

View attachment Photo12040957.jpg

View attachment Photo12040958.jpg

Hey Mark:

That is a great set up in a nice rig.

Any other built ins?

I have a drill press mounted on the work bench and I keep my Table saw in the trailer but its big and bulky I need a more portable one to keep in the trailer but it works.

Just having the miter saw built in saves me a ton of time in setup and tear down. Of course if i have to cut anything longer than 12' such as 16' trim I will have to move it outside for that reason I wish I had a 20' trailer but I think 20' would be to long to turn around easily at most of the houses I work at.

Since it has been awhile, just thought I'd say...Hi Otah!

Back