SILVERFISH EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billbill84

Reaction score
IMG_0802.JPG Anyone that has experience with this, please help! I've done extensive research on these silverfish and it's all mainly generalized info. I kill at least 1 every night on the ceiling in living room. I've seen 2 at same time in attic. Killing 1 a day since last January! How can I get rid of them?!?!? I know they like moisture and cardboard and we have a storage room in basement with boxes yet I've NEVER spotted one down there. These pricks are just on the main level and what I've seen in attic. There's no real moisture issues other than typical house repair crap but they're everywhere. Where do they nest? What repels them? I do spray orkin stuff outside around house every few weeks when it's nice out but I see them year round!! Anyone got any good intel on these silverjerks? Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
Get some "Home Defense" around the house spray and hit the entire inside perimeter of your home, including all walls.

Use diatomaceous earth. Lets the pests slowly disintegrate when they come in contact with them.

These bugs are huge pain in the ***. In my home, I see it as well. I kill it straight away with anything I find near my hand. Sometime I use insect killer spray to kill this bug.

Update,
Since I put down a nice 16" wide barrier of this stuff all the way around my house, I went from executing 1 sometimes 2 per night! After the application of that stuff I see about 1 every couple months! Gonna go buy soMe diatomaceous earth stock shares lol

Silverfish also like old wallpaper, glue, and the paper backing on insulation.

Old books and magazines are like heaven to them.

Jeff, you're right. I kept a large TV empty box on my storage shelf. They made a huge gathering in that cartoon. When I find that out, I sorted every one of those ***** firing the whole box to the dust :woo hoo:. I felt peace after that.

Back