Single door garage door opener

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oletrkguy

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
My garage door quit working with the push button on the wall. It would work with both remotes, so I purchased a new single door button. At one time or another the wires coming from the wall were changed and they didn't bother make note of the colors, both wires are now white.
My question is, what will happen if they were switched for a one time cycle, in case I cross them? How much current do they carry? After doing some reading it appears the current is converted down from 120v ac to 12v dc. The instructions say I should have a red and a white wire, but as I said, both wires are white. Any help is very much appreciated. I may be making this more than it is, but better safe than sorry. Thank you again for the help and ya'll have a great week.

Best wishes from S Carolina

These are control/signal wires and are Low Voltage wires that won't kill you.
It doesn't matter which wire goes where on the push button as all the push button does is make momentary contact between the two wires to initiate an open or close cycle on the operator.

These are control/signal wires and are Low Voltage wires that won't kill you.
It doesn't matter which wire goes where on the push button as all the push button does is make momentary contact between the two wires to initiate an open or close cycle on the operator.
Thank you, and also for the explanation.

Back