Slab/foundation seperation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpr112

Reaction score
I recently purchases a property to flip in Oklahoma. The house was completely carpeted and after i started putting up the carpet I noticed cracks along all the exterior walls of the house. I have read a bunch of forums but most of the similar questions I have found were involving basement. This is a single story house on a slab foundation. there are no cracks on the the concrete slab throughout the house just along the exterior walls. Some of the separation is very small but other parts are wider and lower than the foundation walls.

It looks like someone has tried to fill some of the larger cracks with quickset before. I'm wondering if I can do the same thing along all the walls and level it out the best I can or if this is a much larger issue i have on my hands.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Last edited:
The crack is sorta normal, that is how we do a slab house and same for a basement house. The level should be the same. If the slab is low it could be lifted with mudjacking with grout of foam, you need a pro for either of those or you could do some self leveling over top. If you are going to have it lifted you would fix the crack last or you can just use cord and caulk in the crack to seal that. Cord is a round foam that come in different sizes.

Back