Quantcast

Small scratch in oak flooring

Help Support House Repair Talk:

donald73d

Reaction score
We slid a box with new bedroom dresser across the room and there was a staple on the bottom of the box we did not know about. Looks like it put a long tiny dent into the floor rather than a gouges. It's pretty minor but bugs me since we are just moving in and the floors are very good shape.

I read you can use heat from an iron to push the wood dented out and remove the dent.

Has anyone had luck with this method?

slownsteady

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Can't answer to the iron trick. A staple makes me think of a long thin scratch. Has the finish been damaged by the staple?

mabloodhound

Restoration & Renovations
Reaction score
use the iron with a damp cloth/towel. the heat and moisture may raise the dent but with the finish on it, it may also prevent it.

Flyover

Trying not to screw things up worse
Reaction score
I don't know if our flooring is oak, but I also discovered a scratch in it recently. (See picture.) Much appreciated if anyone can tell me what to do about it. I don't need the scratch to completely disappear, but it'd be nice if I could do something to it to make it not so obvious.

Attachments

elbo

Reaction score
get a close match with your kids crayons, rub it over the scratch and polish it out. Then hide the crayon from your kid

Latest posts