Small scratch in oak flooring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donald73d

Reaction score
We slid a box with new bedroom dresser across the room and there was a staple on the bottom of the box we did not know about. Looks like it put a long tiny dent into the floor rather than a gouges. It's pretty minor but bugs me since we are just moving in and the floors are very good shape.

I read you can use heat from an iron to push the wood dented out and remove the dent.

Has anyone had luck with this method?

use the iron with a damp cloth/towel. the heat and moisture may raise the dent but with the finish on it, it may also prevent it.

I don't know if our flooring is oak, but I also discovered a scratch in it recently. (See picture.) Much appreciated if anyone can tell me what to do about it. I don't need the scratch to completely disappear, but it'd be nice if I could do something to it to make it not so obvious.

Attachments

• 0716181827-00.jpg
    0716181827-00.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 15
get a close match with your kids crayons, rub it over the scratch and polish it out. Then hide the crayon from your kid

Back