Solar Eclipse

Help Support House Repair Talk:

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
We got more than I expected the sun was down to a sliver. I just poked a hole in a paper and looked at the sidewalk.

Sparky617

Reaction score
Made a box viewer, we were in the 93% zone, but looking at it through the box was less than impressive. Our skies cleared for the peak time, not nearly as dark as I was expecting.

bud16415

Fixer Upper
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
i grabbed my weld helmet and watched it. better than the beer bottle my dad had me using as a kid. We were on the fringe here but still got cooler and darkened down and gave everything a weird color.

oldognewtrick

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The sky took on a tint like you see right before a summer thunderstorm. I'm glad I got to see the total eclipse, I'd of been disappointed if I would of had to travel to see it...I was under the impression from all the hype that it would be dark like midnight, I was mistaken. More like twilight.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I took this photo of the eclipse crescent shadows after the most coverage here in N. AL.
98% coverage.

eclipse shadows.jpg

And then I had this photo with an inexpensive camera with my eclipse glasses over the lens.

best eclipse photo.jpg

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I thought so too on the shadows.

jessesandy

Reaction score
Only got a couple decent pics out of three rolls of film. Eclipse at 100% in Oregon. I think the dot off to the right is Venus.

eclipse venus.jpg

Flyover

Trying not to screw things up worse
Reaction score
I think the coolest thing about the eclipse was the way it sounded. Nighttime sounds at 2 in the afternoon.

Latest posts