Some advice for finishing a Bathroom ceiling

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdowell

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the site so I don't know if this question was asked and other google searches didn't really answer my question.

So I'm in the process of remodeling My master bath. From past experience I've already upgraded my fan and since I needed a larger shower I took the bathroom to studs and risers. I've got the moisture resistant drywall and Durarock up. My question is What is the best way to finish the Ceiling. My wife want's me to put a layer of sheetrock up prior to painting, and I think I just want to paint with a Latex paint. Will either work or (With weak skimming skills ) is it ok just to paint?

Thanks
Joe

P.S. Yes I will post pictures when I'm done.

Hi I'm new to the site so I don't know if this question was asked and other google searches didn't really answer my question.

So I'm in the process of remodeling My master bath. From past experience I've already upgraded my fan and since I needed a larger shower I took the bathroom to studs and risers. I've got the moisture resistant drywall and Durarock up. My question is What is the best way to finish the Ceiling. My wife want's me to put a layer of sheetrock up prior to painting, and I think I just want to paint with a Latex paint. Will either work or (With weak skimming skills ) is it ok just to paint?

Thanks
Joe

P.S. Yes I will post pictures when I'm done.
What do you mean by risers?
What's on the ceiling now?
The sheetrock on the ceilings was suppost to go up before the walls where done.

Sorry, My ceiling is the Moisture resistant Sheetrock. Which did go up first. Walls are mostly Durarock for tile. I meant a layer of Joint compound.

The ceiling joints want to be filled and if you want a nice smooth ceiling , you will have to learn the skills and stay with it untill it it nice.

Back