Some know it all

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badlutz

Reaction score
Hi all. I just looked at a shower for a friend. The house was built in the 80's. I know that shower pans have a life of about thirty years so I am seeing a lot of people around my friends house with water damage under their nice tiled showers. I told him to go with a new fiberglass unit and rip out the tile and not worry about it anymore. The unit I installed in my house ran 1200 and my time to install but turned out great. He is having a tile guy tear out the base of the shower and replace with a new base without removing the walls. I know..... I know...... it can be done. But what about the stress applied to those walls while the base is replaced. I see more problems in the future. I think it is ridiculous especially when it is costing him 1600 to just have the base replaced. He could of had a new shower and I would of helped, for less. Any opinions out there? What would you do?

Well, theres an old saying "You can bring them to the table, but you can't make them eat" Maybe it will work out OK for your friend.

Back