Some pics of what I do.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave up at 12:20 when we couldn't get the valve to shut off even close enough to attempt to solder. It 1:40 am and I just got home, I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

I'm no expert, but to me, you look like one of the courageous people who's out there Keeping The World Going.

I like grape jelly too! Love the garage pics. Nice boat!

Bama grape is delicious!

Mmm. BBQ. Love the little sun behind the BBQ.

Chris, lemmie share a fire riser story with you.

many many years ago. late 70's/early 80's. Ronnie [my training plumber] and i
fixed a leak on a 3" fire riser main. it was all screw pipe. no vic pipe in them days.
when we got finished, and turned the water on. no leaks. GOOD!
but, when we turned on the jocky pump. we would get a very small seepage where new tied into old.
so, we tore it apart, redoped/ added teflon tape. put it back.

damn thing leaked again, again only when pump was turned on.
this time, we tore it down, wire brushed the female end, chased the threads male end, teflon tape and dope
SOB still leaked.
the boss came by, to see how we were doing, and my plumber explained, it would barely seep only when pressuer up
above 70 psi
he handed us some lead wool, and a small blunt screwdriver. we packed that joint. problem solved

I hate those type if leaks. We test to 200psi so when we get a leak at 190 it's frustrating because you know the system will never see that kind of pressure.

Latest posts

Back