"Split" Rocker Light Switch (??)

Discussion in 'Electrical and Wiring' started by Curmudgeon10, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mar 2, 2013 #1

Curmudgeon10

Curmudgeon10

Curmudgeon10

In my kitchen remodel, I need to incorporate three switch functions for various groups of lights. All the wiring to do this is available at one three gang box. For a number of reasons, it's impractical to add a fourth box.

Currently, the three gang box consists of (left to right) a single rocker light switch, then a dual 115VAC outlet pair, and an identical one next to it on the right. My kitchen remodeler tells me that a "split switch" could go in the middle of this array (two rocker switches mounted sideways), replacing the AC outlets. I would --- and need to --- retain the AC outlets on the outside of this position.

Does such an item exist? I can't seem to find anything by searching on "split switch"...is there a different name? Thanks.

2. Mar 2, 2013 #2

Fireguy5674

Fireguy5674

Fireguy5674

I looked up "double switch" and found this image. It will replace a duplex receptacle and give you two switches in the same space.

Double switch.jpg

3. Mar 2, 2013 #3

Curmudgeon10

Curmudgeon10

Curmudgeon10

I'm answering my own post: I've found what I need. It's called a "duplex" rocker light switch. Now I need to find it in black.

4. Mar 2, 2013 #4

Curmudgeon10

Curmudgeon10

Curmudgeon10

Thanks Fireguy.