Sprinkler not working

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

affan habib

Reaction score
Hi,

My problem could be a simple one and I am totally novice. I did not use sprinkler this year. The last time I used it eas in April. Today I tried to start it and it was not activating. I tried to operate it manually (at the switch box) without any result. I peeked into my crawl space and took a pic of the different valves. Can anyone please tell me if any of the valves (including the red one) is off and needs to be turned on? Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 20201022_121218.jpg
    20201022_121218.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 9
The red valve is off. When any ball valve has the handle 90 degrees to the line it is off when it is inline it is on.

Hi,

My problem could be a simple one and I am totally novice. I did not use sprinkler this year. The last time I used it eas in April. Today I tried to start it and it was not activating. I tried to operate it manually (at the switch box) without any result. I peeked into my crawl space and took a pic of the different valves. Can anyone please tell me if any of the valves (including the red one) is off and needs to be turned on? Thanks a lot.
As Bud said, the red vslve is off in the picture. It is always recommended to have the sprinkler system " blown out" in the fall and valve to the outside turned off to keep the system from freezing.

As Bud said, the red vslve is off in the picture. It is always recommended to have the sprinkler system " blown out" in the fall and valve to the outside turned off to keep the system from freezing.
I've actually witnessed brass ball valves freeze and burst the side walls. When turned completely off or on, they will trap water between the ball and the valve walls and burst. I've found that leaving them at a 45 degree setting will avoid freeze burst problems.

Latest posts

Back