Steel rebar/sleepers behind concrete wall?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sharpen a bit ? what's that ? :banana: not that i don't think its a good idea & do favor it,,, we just grab another bit - they're cheap,,, we don't even bother retipping 2" or 3" diamond core bits anymore - takes shop time & we'd have to inventory segments,,, once you get over 4", its worth it as the cost of cores rises dramatically,,, don't even think of buying 2' cores - we've had 1 for over 10yrs :clap:

Well, all knowledge is good! I hadn't checked back the last couple of posts, but let me say that I had read some other credible (or so they seemed to me) forums re: HF hammer drills, and there were many that said that, while with many tools they'd agree that there's no such thing as a good, cheap tool, this was a situation where (given a light job and occasional use) a cheap hammer drill from HF worked fine for them. Hence, my decision to go with it.
In the end, it did work fine after adjusting my position and missing the steel, which was indeed what I'd hit the first time. Just wanted to clear up those points and give a conclusion to this job. I knew I should have paid more attention in 7th grade shop class...
Thanks so much for all the advice and help!

Back