Stereo Systems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 5-disc cd changer, 600W car amplifier and small library. Some time I like to hear 70's GE FM/AM Cassette Tape player which I got as gift from my dad. If these all are dead for one day then my oldest radio is best.

It's funny, but many times it seems the older stereo equipment is the only thing working.

IMO they have made this stuff way too complicated to operate.

We all need a garage stereo to just turn on and tune in.:D

kenwood 100W receiver ($25), insignia bookshelf speakers ($35), IPOD cables ($10). it rocks!

NAD CD player and an older Nakamichi Stasis receiver driving pair of JBL L100 speakers. It's not serious audio equipment, but it's a great garage system.

Has anyone used any of the in-ceiling mounted speakers in their garage.

I was thinking that might free up a little space?

While you could use ceiling mounted speakers for the side/ rear surrounds, do consider on-wall or in-wall speakers for the front 3, centered on the TV. Video from straight ahead and audio floating down from "on high" will never sound quite right.

Holy crap! That is awesome. My husband is drooling over my shoulder at the niceties you have in your garage..

As for us, we have an old cd/radio combo in the garage. LOL, maybe it's time to upgrade his man cave..

I have an old am/fm receiver I got from my grandfather, works great.

I've got three smaller boom boxes, not powerful, but good enough sound. One is a boombox for my Sirius satellite, one is for an Ipod and the last one has the radio and CD. My girls loaded up all my CD's on that Ipod, which is new to me and pretty cool.

I just listen to FM radio. leave it on the country station 24/7. I am happy with that.

I picked up a Onkyo reciever for 20.00 from a pawn shop and have 4 old speakers scattered around the garage, works really well when I'm in the garage or just open the doors when I'mm cooking out.

Older kenwood receiver, 5 disc changer, xm sirius sat. and mtx and jbl or jenson tower speakers. really only use the satalite now.

Holy crap! That is awesome. My husband is drooling over my shoulder at the niceties you have in your garage..

As for us, we have an old cd/radio combo in the garage. LOL, maybe it's time to upgrade his man cave..

the way to a mans heart, is thru the garage door!
you get 1 million stars, for being a thoughtful wife!:thumbsup:

1974 pioneer 4 channel stereo, not 4 track, but "Quad" channels,
was a flop for pioneer, but got my $$$ LOL
still works, have couple big 12 in speakers, then bout 5 or 6 small ones, scattered around the garage , makes noise, thats good enough for me,
although I do have to clean the tuner often! (old and dirty, just like me):D

My reciever is from the 60's or 70's. They don't make em like they used to.

Back