Stress free time changed into stressful time

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan2themax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So.... around 7pm this evening, I go outside to make sure my plants are looking ok, and try to spread some more mulch out (since it is cooler) to make my container garden look a little better and to decrease the amount of mowing that needs to be done around them. So I pick up my containers, one by one, and move them out of the way. I picked up one of my tomato plants only to find TERMITES under it. I am angry, sad, disappointed. 99% of my difficulties in this life are first world problems..... but ****, can I not just have a little bit of life for me to enjoy and retain a small amount of sanity, without added stress.
Idk why i am so upset, i mean there is rotting siding, rotted tree stumps... etc.

On another note.... my green beans sprouted after 5 days... and that is exciting and my carrots have sprouted also. My radishes sprouted in 3 days. That makes me happy, but termites? Now ****. That's a big problem.
I also had the plumbing come loose under the sink today. Just about killed my back, but I got that put back together.20200528_195316.jpg20200528_160307.jpg

Sorry about the termites, but everybody's got to be somewhere, right? And better the garden than your floorboards, right?

And imagine how much more stressed you might've been if you couldn't plumb. But you can, so yay!

Yes! Lots to be thankful for, for sure. I keep checking and I dont see anymore, but I'm going to have someone come out and inspect soon. I have to clean out my garage though because they wont have attic access for a full inspection if I dont !

So.... do those termite baits you can buy actually work, or the spray that lowes has? In building a large tomato trellis today, I picked up an old 2x4 to use as a brace and found more termites..... and then I picked up some cinderblocks and found what appears to be termites there also. I need to have someone come and inspect and want to, but they can't currently get to the attic opening so..... to buy me a little bit of time, I thought about putting those outback. I'll post a pick of my partial trellis in the what did you do today thread .

Latest posts

Back