Subsidance of my front yard drive-way concrete

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermosets

Reaction score
Hi
I am a big fun of home improvement living in Texas.
Last year we expereienced a severe drought and the land sank 4~8 inches. In the winter, it came back some extent but my frontyard driveway conrete subsidance remained.
The right side (3ft x 15 ft) went down with slope and having 2~5 inches gap from the center concrete.
My friend says I need to replace and re-do all the sinking part and it would cost $5k~10k.
Is there any other way to fix this concrete ? My crieteria is;
1) Partial concrete replacement does not look nice. If possible, I want to use the existing concrete as much as possible with minor crack repairs.
2) I believe this subsidance will happen in the future. I want to do the fundamental repair & improvement, or establish a practice to fix which can be repeated at reasonable cost. (Like jack-up and fill in resin beneath the concrete possible?)
3) I want to make decision with knowing all the possible options.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

IMG_4802x.jpg

IMG_4803.jpg

Last edited:
not a big deal - just that you're seeing how expansive soil reacts,,, 2 options: rip out & replace OR find a slabjacker who knows his stuff,,, he'll drill some holes & jack it back up w/cement/sand slurry.

you cannot afford to fill those voids w/resin UNLESS your backyard oil well's bring in mucho dinero :D

itsreallyconc
Thank you for the response. I will call local contractors and ask the quote for both cases.
:D

Back