Suggest any storage space

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Criz78

Reaction score
Hii All
We bought a new home and were planning to vacate our rental home next week. But we can't make a quick move since the renovation has not yet been completed due to this lock-down. So to store some unused and unwanted items we need temporary storage space. So we are in search of temporary storage space with necessary security measures. I would like to hear any better suggestions regarding the storage location known by you. Please share your comments and advise
Thanks!

Any of the big-name self-storage facilities near you are probably fine. They have reputations to uphold so that tends to back up the quality of their service and facilities.

why would you want to store "unused/unwanted" items? Put them out to the trash.
I agree you really need to go through this stuff and decide what you need and/or want to keep and donate or trash the rest. There are people out there, a lot of them, that are long term renters of self-storage spaces. They keep paying the rent month in and month out without knowing what's there and why they have it. We rented one when we were selling our last house before moving to our current house. Getting the stuff out was good and made the house look a lot bigger. I'd say over the next 10 years nearly everything that was stored has been tossed or donated. I did make it a high priority to empty the storage locker as quickly as possible. I think we had it for 2 months total.

Given the number of these locations in my immediate area some people have to be doing long term storage. On one road within 3 miles of my house there are three different locations with one more under construction. They are all within half a mile of each other.

why would you want to store "unused/unwanted" items? Put them out to the trash.
The item which I prefer to store was currently unused, but it is applicable for future use. So I need to store them for a short period.

Any of the big-name self-storage facilities near you are probably fine. They have reputations to uphold so that tends to back up the quality of their service and facilities.
Yes, I'm in search of a well-known storage unit nearby

PODS or PackRat are very viable options. They bring a storage container to your site. You load it and lock it. They come back and haul it to your new location or to their storage facility. (your choice). If they haul to their storage location, then you call them when you need it and they will bring it to you. They charge the rent for the storage container each month and they charge a pick up and delivery fee.

Here is pods link:

https://www.pods.com
Here is the pack rat link:

https://www.1800packrat.com/
The prices are reasonable.

I would get a quote from each one and go with the less expensive one.

How long are you looking to use the storage? What's the size or amount of the stuff? Haven't kept up with the Covid Prohibitions in Canada. Commercial places have contracts, and around here there are several storage facilities, which are easy to find. Instead, I have stored stuff in my backyard using tarps. A few concrete blocks and plywood, and some big tarps saved me a bunch a money instead of using a commercial place. Or as @Bob Reynolds suggested, finding an onsite option seems more secure.

Back