Swarming Termites in front yard

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msstanley

Reaction score
I recently saw some termites fly out of my grass fairly close to the house, my husband did a thorough inspection of crawlspace and attics and did find some wood damage in crawlspace but it was minimal and easily replaced. We also found their entry point and sealed it. My question is ...how do I treat my lawn without risk to birds and other critters? Sorry if I have posted in wrong forum. Thanks in advance! (Vancouver Island)

Thanks for such quick reply!!! Such great information on that link you provided and it does indeed confirm that it is termites. I do think that we will have someone come out and treat rather than do it ourselves(would be like operating on ourselves and not having a clue!) Hopefully they know how to treat the yard as well or red flags will be raised. Thank you again for getting back to me on it & the terrific information!

What does the area look like where they were swarming? Is it overgrown?

It is my front lawn. which isn't overly large and is also well maintained, as are all the homes on our street. It is near the base of my lilac tree and is a southwest exposure. I did notice last fall that there was a mass exodus of them from all over the block swarming down the street - thankfully away from us! We don't need them, we already have our own!

I've seen a few here and there but I have never seen anything like a swarm, I guess you call the pesticied people:eek:

Apparently the Island is one of their hangouts. Anyhow thank you so much for all the input, it's much appreciated!

Back