T1-11 Z flashing for 1970 home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H_Smith

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for the old school Z flashing for wooden T1-11 wood siding (5/16)?

I am trying to make a discrete repair and I just need a couple 5ft strips.

The stuff from Home Depot or Lowes is razor thin and it would clash with the old flashing making my repair obvious.

Does the thick galvanized thick stuff exist anymore?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230605_112051.jpg
    IMG_20230605_112051.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
You could make some out of galvanized flashing with a metal brake. They might be available from your local rental center.

Here is a 5/8" size which is probably what you need for T1-11 anyway and it is in stock locally at Home Depot for me anyway. 5/8" Z flashing

Last edited:
I thought about getting my hands on a brake and some galvanized sheet metal. The stuff that HD and Lowes sells is so thin that it bends easily. I did follow the Home Depot link and had seen previously that it was out of stock local and online. Everything today is just thicker than a pop can, at least the ones from Lowes. I will keep looking for some decent galvanized sheet material. The existing flashing on the house is from the late 1960 and it still solid. There were bats in a gable vent and their feces destroyed even the good thick galvanized flashing. Guessing that bat poo it is very acidic. Thanks.

Back