taking off plaster/ drywall without losing insulation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISUzj

Reaction score
So in our home, we have a set of walls that I will need to do some rewiring in, and it seems that we will need to take a portion of the wall out (lower). These are walls that have the cellulose insualtion blown into them.

My question is... is there a wy to take the plaster/ wallboard/ drywall whatever it is off of the wall and try to be able to not let the insualtion fall out? I know it probrably isn't but thought someone on here may have expereinced the same thing and came up with a reaonsable solution for this.

Thanks

If it was done professionally (dense pack), it will probably stay mostly in place. If DIY done, it will all fall out because of different procedures and pressure at the install.

Gary

If it was done professionally (dense pack), it will probably stay mostly in place. If DIY done, it will all fall out because of different procedures and pressure at the install.

Gary

so its a 50/50 shot... it looks professional, I think we will try to take 1 panel off at a time and throw some 3 mil over it to keep it there.

Back