Quantcast

Tapatalk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

pjones

Reaction score
This forum disappeared off my tapatalk recently. I can’t even find it in the forum search function. Has tapatalk become unsupported now, or am I just having issues on my end?

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This software does not use Tapatalk anymore. It is a stand alone forum. I save the forum on my bookmarks on my laptop and save it as a widget app on my phone.

pjones

Reaction score
This software does not use Tapatalk anymore. It is a stand alone forum. I save the forum on my bookmarks on my laptop and save it as a widget app on my phone.
iPhone doesn’t use widgets like that. To be honest, I don’t use forums when they are on a website. I help out in too many forums to switch back and forth. I need a platform that groups them all together and Tapatalk is the platform that does a good (enough) job at that.

Is there a reason Tapatalk is no longer supported? You don’t have to get into it if you don’t want. I’ve heard from other forums that it can be a pain to accommodate. I would have thought you had enough traffic generated by it to justify the inconvenience it causes.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, Tapatalk was just another added expense. Once forums migrated to Xenforo from vBulletin,Tapatalk took a plunge and is not used by anybody, since it is not necessary.

pjones

Reaction score
Ok, I’m not sure yet how it replaces Tapatalk but I can research to see if there is a way I can make this work similar from a different platform. I appreciate the clarification. Cheers!

zannej

Reaction score
Tapatalk sucks anyways. LOL. I have a forum that got automatically migrated from Zetaboards to Tapatalk & it was completely ruined. Didn't keep any of the appearances or settings. Most of the users left.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Actually, the forum app had the Tapatalk tie in in it. There was a possible security issue that was found. No forum information or member information was accessed.

pjones

Reaction score
Tapatalk sucks anyways. LOL. I have a forum that got automatically migrated from Zetaboards to Tapatalk & it was completely ruined. Didn't keep any of the appearances or settings. Most of the users left.
I don’t disagree, Tapatalk could improve their app and integration. The thing I like about it most is that it keeps all the forums within one app so I don’t have to flip back and forth between different interfaces. When I log into Tapatalk I’ve logged into everything. When I want to see new posts I can select each forum individually or see a list of them all as a whole that are all placed in chronological order. Privet messages from all forums appear within my notifications, and it keeps my posts easy to find, within the Tapatalk app.

I don’t know if another way to do that. I view enough forums that it would be very clunky to have to log in and load each forum app individually.

If anyone knows of a way to do this I would be happy to hear ideas and try suggestions. From what I know Tapatalk was the only way to do that. I would be happy to be wrong about that though.

pjones

Reaction score
Actually, the forum app had the Tapatalk tie in in it. There was a possible security issue that was found. No forum information or member information was accessed.
I’ve noticed there is a serious lack of forums that are available on Tapatalk now. There user to be significantly more but it seems to have taken a steep drop off to a very limited few. If this is correct then I’m guessing this would be why.