Tapatalk

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjones

Reaction score
This forum disappeared off my tapatalk recently. I can’t even find it in the forum search function. Has tapatalk become unsupported now, or am I just having issues on my end?

This software does not use Tapatalk anymore. It is a stand alone forum. I save the forum on my bookmarks on my laptop and save it as a widget app on my phone.

This software does not use Tapatalk anymore. It is a stand alone forum. I save the forum on my bookmarks on my laptop and save it as a widget app on my phone.
iPhone doesn’t use widgets like that. To be honest, I don’t use forums when they are on a website. I help out in too many forums to switch back and forth. I need a platform that groups them all together and Tapatalk is the platform that does a good (enough) job at that.

Is there a reason Tapatalk is no longer supported? You don’t have to get into it if you don’t want. I’ve heard from other forums that it can be a pain to accommodate. I would have thought you had enough traffic generated by it to justify the inconvenience it causes.

From what I understand, Tapatalk was just another added expense. Once forums migrated to Xenforo from vBulletin,Tapatalk took a plunge and is not used by anybody, since it is not necessary.

Ok, I’m not sure yet how it replaces Tapatalk but I can research to see if there is a way I can make this work similar from a different platform. I appreciate the clarification. Cheers!

Tapatalk sucks anyways. LOL. I have a forum that got automatically migrated from Zetaboards to Tapatalk & it was completely ruined. Didn't keep any of the appearances or settings. Most of the users left.

Actually, the forum app had the Tapatalk tie in in it. There was a possible security issue that was found. No forum information or member information was accessed.

Tapatalk sucks anyways. LOL. I have a forum that got automatically migrated from Zetaboards to Tapatalk & it was completely ruined. Didn't keep any of the appearances or settings. Most of the users left.
I don’t disagree, Tapatalk could improve their app and integration. The thing I like about it most is that it keeps all the forums within one app so I don’t have to flip back and forth between different interfaces. When I log into Tapatalk I’ve logged into everything. When I want to see new posts I can select each forum individually or see a list of them all as a whole that are all placed in chronological order. Privet messages from all forums appear within my notifications, and it keeps my posts easy to find, within the Tapatalk app.

I don’t know if another way to do that. I view enough forums that it would be very clunky to have to log in and load each forum app individually.

If anyone knows of a way to do this I would be happy to hear ideas and try suggestions. From what I know Tapatalk was the only way to do that. I would be happy to be wrong about that though.

Actually, the forum app had the Tapatalk tie in in it. There was a possible security issue that was found. No forum information or member information was accessed.
I’ve noticed there is a serious lack of forums that are available on Tapatalk now. There user to be significantly more but it seems to have taken a steep drop off to a very limited few. If this is correct then I’m guessing this would be why.

Tapatalk was based in mainland China anyway. No loss.

There was a security feature found a while back. That's why none of the Group Builder forums use Tapatalk. Other forums must have found out about it.

Back