The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done it. It is very painful.

Something I never want to experience.

So today I missed my 20 year high school reunion. I guess if I didn't like tgem in high school I probably won't like tgem now. I only wanted to go because I am sure I was voted least likely to succeed but I would be in competition with all those guys tgat rented corvettes while I play hard to like.

Sorry to hear that, Rusty. Kidney stones suck. They seem to run in my family.

I didn't go to my 20-year-reunion because it was too far away. I only remember a couple of people from my class anyway so it would have been a waste of time and money.

As I mentioned on the houserepair forum, I had to bury my oldest cat this morning. She must have died sometime the night before-- not sure how. Found her lying in the driveway and the bugs had already started in on her. I didn't see any signs to indicate what killed her and the dogs were keeping their distance. Normally the dogs are all over dead critters, but thankfully they left her in tact. As upset as I was, I would have been a lot more upset if they had chewed on her. I'm trying to focus on how she looked the last time I saw her alive. She was very cuddly and liked to bump her head against my face and rub and was just the sweetest thing. Mom took it hard because Captain Fluffy was her favorite cat. I lost 3 pets last year and she's the 2nd one this year. I'm hoping we won't lose anymore for a long time.

Sorry to hear that. we only have one cat and one dog. Don't want to lose either one even though the cat is a pain.

My dog is almost 13 and blind. Good thing is he still acts like a puppy but the bad part is he hasn't learned he is blind. He still tries to run and play but runs into everything possible and falls off any ledge. Have to keep him tethered for his own good.

My daughter's boyfriend, who says he is a mechanic, tried to tell me that you can't flood the carb on a lawnmower. estupido.:(

Hell, I flood the gas powered blower every time I fire it up. My lawnmower is a quick start Craftsman, and I just pull the cord and it fires first time.

Hell, I flood the gas powered blower every time I fire it up. My lawnmower is a quick start Craftsman, and I just pull the cord and it fires first time.

I have the same type of Craftsman mower. I have taken two other mowers over for them to use and they have screwed up both of them. I won't loan them my rider.

How do you screw up a lawnmower? There is nothing to them.

I used to have a hard time starting gas lawnmowers (which is why I switched to other means of mowing the lawn). My weak little arms had trouble pulling the cord.

Meanwhile, another one of my pets just died. This time it was my dog, Tina. She was about 5 feet away from where I found the cat dead and she was sitting in a similar posture as the cat's body. I found her while she was still alive but she was paralyzed except for when she started having what I assume were seizures where she barked out loudly in a panicked barking sound and her neck stretched out. For the rest of the time she was limp. Her tongue was hanging out (the cat's tongue was also hanging out when I found her) but there was no sign of vomiting or foam. I brought her inside and put a towel and blanket over her and sat with her until the end. I was hoping she'd make it through the night so I could get her to the vet.
I'm going to see if the vet can do an autopsy so I can figure out WTF is going on before any more of my pets die.

Zanne, any of your autos have a coolant leak?

Not that I know of. The truck they were near doesn't appear to have any leaks. Not sure on my brother's, but my cat didn't go anywhere near his truck. She normally avoids that part of the yard. She actually didn't usually go in to the part of the yard where I found her.

I wonder if the outside air conditioning unit could have some sort of leak? But it would have affected more of the animals then.

At first I thought maybe the dogs had dragged Captain Fluffy there, but there were no marks on her and the way she was lying was as if she just stopped there and then couldn't move-- the dogs were staying away from her. And they normally chew on small animals that are dead or dying. For whatever reason, they left her alone.

The vet has Tina's body now and they will do an autopsy.

Another trip out of town working on my late MILs estate tomorrow. I will be glad when it is all settled. We turned most of it over to an attorney. They get paid out of the estate.

My middle daughter has a Toyota 4runner with a small coolant leak, pulled it in the garage today and found the leak at the bottom of the radiator core. Order one from Rock Auto. Guess I'll be tearing into the front end of it come Thursday. 1/2 price of quotes from the major supply places local. And...free labor...guess you get what you pay for...

Atta boy ol man. That is our purpose in life these days.

I'm going to California this week. Picked up a big street work night time job in LA. Guess I'll be there a couple weeks.

They don't allow me to carry a gun there. Only the criminals can.

Back