The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems that guy is going to.sub out the job and pay some guy $10 an hour, and he will sit there sipping ice tea making $20 an hour. Get rid of him, get 3 estimates, choose the best deal, and like Tom says, pay when done. Easy Peasy.

Estimates in the area were a lot higher than what he's charging. They charged like $80 to $120 per tree. There are a lot of trees in there. I saw the work he was doing and I've actually helped cut down trees before (back when I was in better shape) so I know it's not an easy job. He's a friend of ours and he's not the type to sit back and watch others work. I've watched him busting his hump and he actually helped us out with stuff for free in the past. Problem is, he went to work in Houston cleaning out boilers and his longtime girlfriend decided to clean out his bank account, take his truck (which she'd tricked him in to putting in her name-- in case anything bad happened to him on the boiler job), and basically cleaned him out and left him for his now former best friend. Oh, and she dumped the two kids on him. So he's now trying to pick up the pieces and get back on his feet.

I don't know what it is about some of the local women here, but there are a lot of gold-digging scumbags. At least my usually unlucky friend has finally found a girl who is not trying to mooch. She's 20, has a job, is trying to get her driver's license, and actually cleans and helps out as much as she can. She's the only girlfriend he ever dated who didn't cheat on him or treat him like crap.

Get him some Skin so Soft . The bugs won't bother him . I use it all the time for Golf..

Skin So Soft also works well diluted on horses. It is great stuff.

Because Skin So Soft is expensive and by diluting it with water, it lasts longer and still keeps the flies and other bugs off the horses.

Thanks , How about that .

I was trying to make a put one time , There were so many nats about 4" from my face i couldn't see the ball.

They wouldn't get any closer though .. :D

Today at work it smelled like pee and there were used heroin needles all over the ground. I was working in a sanctuary city where it has become a free for all. Then a middle aged normal looking guy came over and proceeded to overdose on heroin on my jobsite. Had to call the paramedics on him.

It's bad all over Chris . Phila is training anyone who wants to how to use Narcan .

What the hell is wrong with people that shooting up is such an attraction? I guess Forrest was right, stupid is as stupid does...

I live in a rural midwest town of 8,000. Burglaries done by druggies looking to raise money is rampant. 4 or 5 a night in this little town. Cops bust a meth lab or two every week. 4 attempted home invasions in two weeks. They come in here, last thing they will ever do.

I live in a rural midwest town of 8,000. Burglaries done by druggies looking to raise money is rampant. 4 or 5 a night in this little town. Cops bust a meth lab or two every week. 4 attempted home invasions in two weeks. They come in here, last thing they will ever do.

Sounds about like here. About 7k people. A LOT of drug users. Shoplifting and break-ins are rampant but cops do not even try to do anything about it. They simply do not care. They won't even fingerprint. The only thing they care about is busting people for drugs (and that is only IF they didn't buy the drugs from one of the dirty cops). The cops sometimes catch people with marijuana and if they like them and/or they are not black, they confiscate the marijuana and let them go-- then they sell the marijuana to their regular customers. They only go after the rival dealers and they plant drugs on people who see them doing illegal things so they can discredit them. Well, to be safe I should say "allegedly" to all of that-- but it's pretty common knowledge around here.

The snitches can do anything here and only get probation, over and over.

Yesterday I went out and cut down 11 trees, limbed them and loaded them on my trailer and brought them home. Have another 5 or more cords of wood to split. Won't have to pay for heat for the next year or two now.

I have a steel air tight stove . A cord will last most of the winter burning 24 - 7

The fireplace is another story .

I have two air tight stoves in my house, and then two more regular wood burning stoves in my shop and I am adding another in another building. I'm sure I will go through a bit.

I have a wood stove as a back up, just in case.

My house is all electric. If we had gas out here I would probably use the heater more

2 weeks ago I went to the doctor . As I was checking out I was informed I had an outstanding balance.
I did not think this was possible. I pay my deductible every visit. so I asked the girl when was this non payment from
and after 10 minutes of clicking the keyboard she said I owed 17 dollars from 2010
WTH?, 2010?, dont they have a statute of limitations or some such thing?
i went ahead and payed the 17 bucks
today, i went back to the doctor, as i was checking out, i was told i did not have to pay because i had a credit
credit WTH?
how the hell can i have a credit, when 2 weeks ago they said my account was behind and to bring it to date i had to pay 17 bucks
then she said i think your deductible has been met, hold on here
if my deductible has been met, then i do not owe a deductible and the credit should be a refund
then i received the brush off
see the business department

Lucky for him if i don't get my $17.00 back .. :)

Back