The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky for him he is a Dr if i don't get my $17.00 back .. :)

2 weeks ago I went to the doctor . As I was checking out I was informed I had an outstanding balance.
I did not think this was possible. I pay my deductible every visit. so I asked the girl when was this non payment from
and after 10 minutes of clicking the keyboard she said I owed 17 dollars from 2010
WTH?, 2010?, dont they have a statute of limitations or some such thing?
i went ahead and payed the 17 bucks
today, i went back to the doctor, as i was checking out, i was told i did not have to pay because i had a credit
credit WTH?
how the hell can i have a credit, when 2 weeks ago they said my account was behind and to bring it to date i had to pay 17 bucks
then she said i think your deductible has been met, hold on here
if my deductible has been met, then i do not owe a deductible and the credit should be a refund
then i received the brush off
see the business department

Statute of limitations on bills in your state is 3 years.

Speaking of medical charges, for some reason, Blue Cross/Blue Shield (which set itself as a supplemental insurance after Medicare for my mother) has not been paying for things at all lately. Tricare has actually covered a few things and my mother is considering dropping BC completely so she doesn't have to pay the monthly bills to them and get nothing from it. But if there are cuts to Medicare and/or Tricare, she might be screwed. I wish she hadn't ever let them bully her in to taking Medicare.

Today, I am doing work comp reports for my company. Then I am going to go over to my rental and do some of the work my employee was supposed to get done last week.

Yeah, unless the employee had a family emergency or some really valid reason for not getting it done, I'd say someone needs to get the pink slip.

I renewed my driver's license and got the new card. Picture looks worse-- they zoom in on your face and don't show neck or shoulders. My mother said "You don't look that fat!" when she saw the picture. LOL. I got the nice lady at the DMV though (there are 3 employees-- one who pretty much ignores customers and sweeps the floors all the time, and another who seems to be in a perpetual bad mood). It was getting close to closing so there weren't a lot of people around. The lady saw my thumb and said it looked like it hurts (I thwacked it on something last week and it looks ugly). It looks worse than it feels though.
tumblr_oxl52lnRvp1qkwd9ao2_1280.jpg

Weird thing is, it looks like it is puss-filled (I almost put just the puss part with a y at the end and then realized that would not look right), but it just seems to be a callus or blister or something.

Meanwhile, I found out that one of the previous owners of my truck must have swapped the original tires (which would have been 245/60R18-- or 245/65R18) with some 17s. I know the 245 is tire width and the 17/18 is the diameter, but not sure what the 60 / 65 stands for.

Tread is about gone on my tires so I want to get new ones. I want to stick with 17"s but need to find something that will last on dirt roads. Someone suggested getting tires that are 8ply. But I have some people saying cooper discoverer ATs are good and then some saying BF Goodrich ATs and others saying Goodyear Wrangler... I don't want to spend too much, but I want something that will last. I believe the Goodyear Wranglers have a tire that has kevlar-- not sure if that makes a difference though. Weather here is mostly hot-- doesn't usually get too cold in winter but every once in a blue moon will get below 30 and snow. Most of my driving is on gravel/mud roads and substandard roads with pot-holes and bumps. It rains frequently so they need good traction on wet roads. Any suggestions?

And he's still on the payroll? Nice job if you can get it...

He is working his way out. I think he feels tgat since he is my only employee and working on my rentals tgat he can make is own hours. He likes to tell me he wants to work Saturday to make more money so I give him stuff to do and then he doesn't show up and instead takes the day off which would be fine if he didn't ask to work in the first place.

I hate my auto correct on my phone, it changes that into tgat because I have fat fingered it so many times it thinks tgat is the correct spelling.

Well, when, tgat shows up in the Oxford Dictionary next year from Chris's over use, we'll know where it came from...

I guess tgat could happen?

my sister e mails me from her I phone .. Auto correct is a bust ..

My thumb kept swelling up more and the white stuff was spreading so I finally poked the skin with a needle and pus exploded out. Looks and feels much better now, but I'm going to have to keep draining it.

My brother started paying me back on the loan for his truck.

The little kittens are starting to climb. Yasuke is such an attention monger that he will yowl while being petted by one person because he wants everyone to pet him. So, he yowled at me when my bro was petting him and wasn't happy until we were both petting him.

We got a rescue kitten for my son about a month ago. It will run full blast at the dog, jump over her and go on. The dog just looks confused.

Rusty, that sounds adorable! My mother cut a hole in the side of a cardboard shipping box from Amazon and I stuffed it with fluffy rags. Started setting it on the floor and Daisy (the mother cat) ran into it before it was even stationary. The black and white kitten crawled in after her and has been sleeping in it. Sir Hammington has been exploring even more. He saw his father up on the rocking chair (which is a glider type) and climbed up on it and then managed to get up on to the bed to climb all over and check things out. Thus far, he's the only one who made it up there. The others aren't quite as adventurous. I think he's going to be a handful when he gets older.

Meanwhile, my poor old dog has no bladder control. She just pees on herself while lying down and doesn't seem to notice or care. She seems to love being inside on the dog bed though, and she still wags her tail whenever she gets attention and her medicine (which is in a cheese cube so she thinks it's a treat). In her younger days, I wouldn't have let her stay in the room with the kittens, but now she doesn't have the energy to chase things and she's actually afraid of the cats. I have to make sure my brother's hyperactive dog doesn't get in. He'd probably get the kittens in seconds.

My mother's little dog gets jealous of the kittens, but knows not to hurt them.

We are headed up the coast this weekend and I will be imbibing a few bottles of wine.

California wines are great!

I remember back in the 70s and 80s my father had to inspect foreign ships coming in to dock and the French sailors always wanted to buy California wine.

We have some decent Missouri wines too. In fact, we have a winery in town.

Fired up the wood stove. Toasty in here now.

Back