Thinner melamine

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixit7

Reaction score
I am looking for a thin piece of melamine to put on my router table.

All I could find was material that was .7 inch thick.

Do they make any thinner or maybe some other type?

Thanks.

.7 does not compute, that would be almost 3/4" thick.

That's what I found at Home Depot website. They do not sell it in their stores.

For this small a job I'd be chatting with some custom cabinet shops and see if they have a scrap piece of Formica they want to get rid of cheap.

For this small a job I'd be chatting with some custom cabinet shops and see if they have a scrap piece of Formica they want to get rid of cheap.
Or even a piece of used counter top from a Habitat Reuse store or a sink cut out.

When I was a kid all the kitchen and bath places had a rack of the holes they cut out for sinks and they were cheap. Rather than filling the landfill people would buy them and use them as cutting boards or make little tables out of them.

I don’t know if anyone still does that.

What you are looking for is called laminate. Formica is one brand. You can buy it not bonded and shops that use it have a lot of small scraps around you can glue it on yourself or take your piece in and they will cover it for you.

Wilsonart is another brand of laminate. Formica like Kleenex has become a generic name for the product.

Latest posts

Back