This is wallpaper?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two bathrooms that are horrible colors. One is piss yellow pretty much and textured *shudder* and the other is a green that unappealing as well. For this thread I'm focusing on the green. It had a peeling spot when we bought it. I went to play with it and found that it might be wallpaper which would be awesome as that would require a lot less paint to fix it. What do you guys think?

IMG_20160318_115216754.jpg

Are we looking at a deep hole or just a shadow from the paper? The "paper" is most likely the surface of the drywall (as Neal pointed out).

That's a shadow sorry not the best camera. So how do I fix this fun one. And what caused this? Should I be worried about the plumbing in there?

It didn't just come loose, some one ripped it, peel the green paint and skim coat over this scar, just cut the paper off. There is nothing here that looks like water damage.

moisture may have lifted the paint a little, but if the drywall isn't crumbly, it's not a big problem. Use that spot to start your paint scraping. Then when you have as much paint as possible (all the loose paint, anyway) you spackle the dents & low spots.

Back