This will be fun

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SA.woodwork

Reaction score
I got a new home, been here almost two years now, and it's been interesting.

First of all, I felt tricked after i signed the papers. "Welcome to home ownership" but they really meant "now you're one of us, a slave to your house and you're in it for life.." Ok, I don't regret it yet, but this is a tough job. I feel like people should get a degree in home ownership first.

When I own something, I like to take care of it, and there's a lot to take care of in a house. I'm glad I found you guys. Its a helpful group and I hope you can help with some very odd problems.

Meanwhile, I hope to find something where my unprofessional expertise can be put to good use. Im a DIY, woodworking & gardening kinda guy, at least that's where I'm headed and where I want to be.

Being a DIY/woodworking/gardening kind of guy should make homeownership a pleasure (or at least a positive learning experience) rather than a chore or type of slavery. Welcome!

Homeownership like many things is in the eye of the beholder. They do have a way of locking you down though and for most it is a monetary strangle hold they put on you. There is not many more satisfying feelings than paying your home off. Something way too many people never get to feel.

I have been an advocate here for buying way below your limit and staying off the finance train or taking very short trips on it if at all possible.

Anyway welcome to the forum we are here to help with all your projects as best we can.

:welcome:

Back