Thresholds/transition Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAB

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I recently put a subfloor down in the main room of my basement. There are 2bedrooms, a bathroom, laundry room, and crawl space which I didn't do as of yet. With the finished floor/subfloor, I'm dealing with a 1.5' drop into each room and cannot seem to find any reducers that can deal with that much of a drop. I do plan to subfloor the rest of the basement at some point, but that could be years down the road.

Any suggestions for a solution for this (I can get a snapshot if necessary)?

P.S. when laying the subfloor/flooring, I cut my door jams and put the flooring under to keep ugly edge gaps from showing, and only went "halfway" across the Jamb....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

C

Try your local woodshop, they can make anything to fit with a picture. You may even have one at your local lumber yard...where the contractors go.
Good luck.

i just rip a piece of wood to go under the transition to make up whatever difference is needed. that much of a drop is a problem a lot of times . it's not enough to be noticed as a step, but will trip you up even when you know it's there. depending on how you want it to look, you might want to bring some attention to its being there to prevent constant stubbing of the toes. thanks, budro

Latest posts

Back