Tiling a Bathtub/Shower Surround

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow those tiles look really green in the pics...I don't think the pics do them justice....

Any suggestions on tiling the upper slanted part of the wall? I just can't help but think I'll stick tiles up there and they will just fall down...

my progress today...it was easier than I thought putting tiles on the slanted ceiling...I kept waiting for them to come down on my head...hahaha...

normal_dscf1240.jpg

my progress today...it was easier than I thought putting tiles on the slanted ceiling...I kept waiting for them to come down on my head...hahaha...

normal_dscf1240.jpg

One time I had a tile fall down. I thought, "hmm strange, it has plenty of coverage" then I put it back.
It fell yet again and I put it back again. Finally it falls and nearly hits me and when I look up to the empty spot I notice a small ray of light shining through the thinset lines.
It was my friend who was setting tile in the bathroom next to me pushing a finish nail through the wall while trying to hold in his laugh.

LOL

The job looks awsome !

Thanks TileGuy!

Honestly it's not perfect and it's driving me crazy...my girlfriend keeps telling me "If you didn't keep pointing out the flaws to me, I'd never see them!"...nonetheless they are there and bugging me...plenty of lessons learned for next time though!

Back