Tips from homeowners who've undergone a remodel

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLIS

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm writing an article for Living In Style Magazine (www.lismagazine.com) about remodeling a home and wanted to get some tips from people who have been there. For those who done anything from a kitchen remodel to a bathroom remodel to a room add on, are there any lessons learned or tips that you can pass on to someone who hasn't yet embarked on such a project?

If you can think of something, please email me at: [email protected].

Thanks,

Joanna

Think it to the end. Mine went smoothly when I did the bathroom as I had an idea what I wanted and set down a plan. First taking it down to the wall board and sub floor. Next make any repairs needed. I planned it out so that things went back in an order where if paint dripped it wouldn't hurt something already done. Keep it neat by keeping large trash container close by, packing all the toileties and getting them out of the way. I kept my vacuum close by to immediately clean up anything that could track into the rest of the house. I got a lot of my ideas from watching HDTV/

Back