Toilet vent pipe clogged or no?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYNana

Reaction score
Main and master toilets are back to back on wall seperating them. One is not flushing well but the other fine. Could it be a vent pipe problem or more likely something that has been dropped into the main toilet. Have never had any luck snaking myself so will probably have to have a plumber look at it but would loke an opinion if anyone should care to give one.

Yes, one is clogged before the main line ... get it snaked ... they might have to pulle the toilet itself.

Sorry for you ...

Thanks. Guess I will call a plumber on Tuesday. One of the joys of kids or grandkids.

One other thought before calling the plumber .... Sometimes, "stuff" gets clogged in the toilet that can be cleared with a quality plunger, operated vigorously. The picture below is a crossection of your typical toilet. Notice how things have to ravel to get to the drain .... "stuff" can get lodged in there. The second pic is my preferred toilet plunger. It is vastly more powerful than the cheap "suction cup" version. Feel free to operate it VIGOROUSLY to pull and plunge whatever is blocking your toilet.

You might save $75 in a call to the plumber! :D

TOILET.jpg

Toilet Plunger.jpg

Thanks for the further reflection on my problem. As it happens I have that plunger. Will give it a really good go before I call and have someone come out.

Back