Too much time on hands!

Help Support House Repair Talk:

bud16415

Fixer Upper
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Took advantage of the last day of the year to chase the fishes around. Unseasonably warm here.
View attachment 27261View attachment 27262
Fantastic. We are also benefiting from your warm air heading up to us a day later. Quite a few were out fishing our river but from shore. Water temp is keeping me from launching the canoe. It is about 50f today.

Looking forward to pork and sauerkraut tomorrow.

oldognewtrick

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Are you looking for fishing tips, places to stay, sightseeing, best oyster bars, best bikini beaches?

Fireguy5674

Reaction score
We have a cabin reserved. My cousin and her boyfriend will be there in their small motorhome. I am looking for fishing tips. I could spend the whole week fishing with no problem. I am sure we will need to find other things to do as the women will be bored. I have never been able to do oysters. :)

oldognewtrick

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I lived in Florida for a couple years near the Space Center. Anywhere in Florida you'll find fresh, brackish, or salt water options available. We use to fish the St John's near Cocoa and always caught a cooler full of brim, shellcrackers, crappy, threw the bass back. Stop at a local bait shop and ask advise on where is an easy place to get to and get the right liscense. Salt and fresh water are different.

We usually go to the panhandle near Pensacola and the condo we've been staying at is directly on the Gulf. Walking out the back door and early morning surf fishing is so relaxing.

1004211604a.jpg

Fireguy5674

Reaction score
Lake Talquin is about 10 to 15 miles from Tallahassee if you're not familiar. We will be a short walk from lake. Really looking forward to warm sun and frisky fish in early March.
Wanted to rent a small fishing boat in the area but not having any luck finding one. Don't want to charter every day for a week.
Thanks for the info.

Latest posts