Too much time on hands!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you going to attach fishing pole holder to kayak?
The kayak came with two rod holders behind the seat. She will never use them as she hates fishing and only wanted a rec kayak for doing river floats and paddling around the lakes here. It also came with an anchor trolley and anchor and I took all that stuff off. She liked the blue and the kayak she wanted was the OT Vapor that is orange and the same as this one without the bulkhead and cost 100 bucks more and was out of stock. I will be fishing in the canoe though and I haven't rigged the rod holders yet.

Yoga ball for flotation is a good idea. My son uses inflatable balls (beach?) to pop out dented plastic bumpers on his wife's Cherokee.
Ya the picture shows the foam block I took out compared to the ball. It blew up and the deck has a dash with a cup holder that is lower than the deck and it locks the ball in tight. The kayak has adjustable foot pads each side of the ball, but she said she liked the ball as a foot rest better. I used oblong peanut yoga balls in the canoe for flotation also. they are cheap and tough and come in lots of sizes.

I'm making a kayak cart that can be disassembled and stored in my front hatch, half way done, I'll post some pics tomorrow.
You will like that the one. I have one for the canoe was from Amazon, works great. It is nice to take them with you as you never know when you might need it. Looking forward to the pics.

I made one last year that I cemented all the joints together. I gave it to my son in law. This one I want to be able to bring it with me and when it's time to take out, I can pop it together without having to walk back to the truck. The ramp can get very busy on weekends.

Here it is assembled, the upper supports with the pipe insulation is glued together at the T. Where it attaches the the axle part is just compression fitted.
0527211051.jpg

It breaks down and can be stowed in my front dry hatch.
0527211052.jpg

I used 5/8th threaded rod for a full length axle. I drilled a hole in the rod and I'm looked for some push pins to secure the wheels, till then I've got nuts holding the wheels on.

Getting ready to load up my kayak for a camping weekend. Also, some pics of my yak hauler, fishfinder I fabed a shield for, fishing rods, my flag and tackle tray storage. I dumped my tackle box in favor of trays that can fit under my seat.0527211104.jpg0527211100.jpg0527211104a.jpg0527211105.jpg0527211105a.jpg0527211113a.jpg

I will keep an eye out for your flag. Looks great.

Getting ready to load up my kayak for a camping weekend. Also, some pics of my yak hauler, fishfinder I fabed a shield for, fishing rods, my flag and tackle tray storage. I dumped my tackle box in favor of trays that can fit under my seat
Great minds think alike. A neighbor came over yesterday and saw the changes and said where will you be putting the tackle box? I told him I’m hunting around for a tray for under the seat. I haven’t found what I want yet something with a snap on hinge lid and some compartments and a way to not have it moving around.

I picked up 4 Plano hinged, waterproof boxes at Wallyworld. I need to come up with a way to secure my line snips and a hemistat for hook removals that use to be attached to my old box. I don't really want them attached to my life jacket and the trays don't have a loop or handle to tie to. Oh well, next project.

I picked up 4 Plano hinged, waterproof boxes at Wallyworld. I need to come up with a way to secure my line snips and a hemistat for hook removals that use to be attached to my old box. I don't really want them attached to my life jacket and the trays don't have a loop or handle to tie to. Oh well, next project.
I need to measure my space and then bring my tape measure with me to the big “W” next time we go.

Maybe I should look around the garage first I might just have one.

I also want to find a small box I can use in my cooler to keep my ice and lunch away from the fish I hope to catch.

Back when I was doing freelance videography work I eschewed the standard $150 videographer's camera bag for a $20 fishing tackle cooler bag from Wally World. It came with two of those clear compartmentalized trays in it, which I removed and used for other things.

That was nearly 15 years ago! I still have the bag (holds music recording gear) and both the trays. One tray holds spare parts for my various guitar building projects, the other has seen much more use holding unusual bits of hardware and has lived in my various garages/basements/workshops/wherever I've done my DIYing over the years.

BTW I don't know if they still have them, but back then Wally World also had hardshell gun cases for like $10. Probably big enough to very comfortably fit two pistols. This was back when I did not own a gun but did own a nice SLR camera, and so I cut out the foam inside to accommodate my camera, accessories, and several smaller lenses.

Long story short, lots of fun improvising and money-saving to be had by getting creative in the Wally World sports/outdoors section.

We picked up electric scooters to ride around the campgrounds. Seems one was always an issue. Battery, connections or just not enough to climb some of the hills.
0102211554.jpg
So, I picked up a gently used 2016 honda with only 572 miles on it. Hills no problem anymore. Fits nicely in the back of the truck.
0709211124.jpg

We picked up electric scooters to ride around the campgrounds. Seems one was always an issue. Battery, connections or just not enough to climb some of the hills.
View attachment 26127
So, I picked up a gently used 2016 honda with only 572 miles on it. Hills no problem anymore. Fits nicely in the back of the truck.
View attachment 26128
That's one heck of a step up.

Looks like a great spot. We paddled up a small feeder of French Creek a week ago and made it about a mile till we found a beaver dam. I didn’t have my fishing gear but it reminded me of your photos was just covered in floating lily pads. Lucky for me the beaver pond was large enough for the canoe to turn around or I might have had to paddle backwards for an hour.

Keeping with the too much time theme I was wondering around wally mart today looking for a b-day gift for a 3 year old. I didn’t buy him this but it cracked me up.

Also I added some art work to the front of the canoe so I would stand apart from the rest. I’m not overly artistic so I used stickers. IMG_1734.jpgIMG_1716.jpg

This is the 4th house I've roofed for this customer. They had a cupola that was falling apart and I volunteered to fix it. Only this I could salvage was the top frame. Finally done with it, going on tomorrow morning, weather came and all.
0824211441_HDR.jpg0809211338b.jpg0810211115.jpg0809211338.jpg0824211437a_HDR.jpg

Back