Too much time on hands!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took advantage of the last day of the year to chase the fishes around. Unseasonably warm here.
View attachment 27261View attachment 27262
Fantastic. We are also benefiting from your warm air heading up to us a day later. Quite a few were out fishing our river but from shore. Water temp is keeping me from launching the canoe. It is about 50f today.

Looking forward to pork and sauerkraut tomorrow.

We have a cabin reserved. My cousin and her boyfriend will be there in their small motorhome. I am looking for fishing tips. I could spend the whole week fishing with no problem. I am sure we will need to find other things to do as the women will be bored. I have never been able to do oysters. :)

I lived in Florida for a couple years near the Space Center. Anywhere in Florida you'll find fresh, brackish, or salt water options available. We use to fish the St John's near Cocoa and always caught a cooler full of brim, shellcrackers, crappy, threw the bass back. Stop at a local bait shop and ask advise on where is an easy place to get to and get the right liscense. Salt and fresh water are different.

We usually go to the panhandle near Pensacola and the condo we've been staying at is directly on the Gulf. Walking out the back door and early morning surf fishing is so relaxing.

1004211604a.jpg

Lake Talquin is about 10 to 15 miles from Tallahassee if you're not familiar. We will be a short walk from lake. Really looking forward to warm sun and frisky fish in early March.
Wanted to rent a small fishing boat in the area but not having any luck finding one. Don't want to charter every day for a week.
Thanks for the info.

Weather's been too crappy to do much outside, so... I decided to get some old RC airplanes out that have been sitting on the shelf since the late 80's. The one on the right was given to me when I bought a radio from another member our the flying club I use to belong to.
0216221051.jpg
It has a broken leading edge and several broken ribs. I found some balsa sheets at Hobby Lobby for repairs. I started piecing in the leading edge,
0216221118.jpg
I sanded down the edge to a rough dimension and will do a final fit when I get all the ribs replaced.

Weather's been too crappy to do much outside, so... I decided to get some old RC airplanes out that have been sitting on the shelf since the late 80's. The one on the right was given to me when I bought a radio from another member our the flying club I use to belong to.
View attachment 27550
It has a broken leading edge and several broken ribs. I found some balsa sheets at Hobby Lobby for repairs. I started piecing in the leading edge,
View attachment 27551
I sanded down the edge to a rough dimension and will do a final fit when I get all the ribs replaced.
RC is a great hobby and a way to burn up a lot of spare time. I have a nephew but we grew up more like brothers that really took off with RC starting as a young teen. He then became an aircraft mechanic and always kept up with the hobby. Then about 10 years ago he got into rockets and goes out once a year to a big rocket event in the salt flats. Here is a picture of him launching his V2. that rocket had to break down to two sections to fit in his truck to get it out there.

Post more pics when you get the skin on. Bill Gack V2.JPG

RC is a great hobby and a way to burn up a lot of spare time. I have a nephew but we grew up more like brothers that really took off with RC starting as a young teen. He then became an aircraft mechanic and always kept up with the hobby. Then about 10 years ago he got into rockets and goes out once a year to a big rocket event in the salt flats. Here is a picture of him launching his V2. that rocket had to break down to two sections to fit in his truck to get it out there.

Post more pics when you get the skin on. View attachment 27552
Your cousins not named Elon is he? 😉

Your cousins not named Elon is he? 😉
No but I think he knows him or has meet him I forget the story. They hold this event called Balls out west in Black Rock Desert every year and they shut down the flight paths and people show up from all over the world. It is the week after Burning Man and I always tease him he just goes to see the end of the freak show. Some of these rockets do mach 4.

My nephew told me a couple years ago to check out National Geographic as they did a thing on this Balls launch. There he was his photo or him with his rocket in NG.

BALLS 30

Weather's been too crappy to do much outside, so...
Weather here in N.W. Ohio jumped up from zero to around 50 degrees, now may get 11 degrees and snow tonight, then back up around 50 degrees... hope that's it for winter... back in 1979 was unusual, went from winter to summer mid February... 1978 was also unusual, our only 'blizzard'...

Weather here in N.W. Ohio jumped up from zero to around 50 degrees, now may get 11 degrees and snow tonight, then back up around 50 degrees... hope that's it for winter... back in 1979 was unusual, went from winter to summer mid February... 1978 was also unusual, our only 'blizzard'...
Same here. The Cub Lo-Boy woke up with a flat front tire this morning. I saw it was 50s and said good day to work on it. Took the tire to the shop and he didn't even look at it grabbed a tube and had it fixed in under 10 minutes. He never said one word except 30 bucks and I handed him the cash and was out the door. Now it can snow all it wants.

Now it can snow all it wants.
Friend of mine just gave me a great deal on a powerful used snow blower, but don't know if I will actually need it now this year... waiting to see how much snow arrives... had been considering picking one up after my brother threw the snow plow away for my truck when my deceased Mom's house was sold...

Friend of mine just gave me a great deal on a powerful used snow blower, but don't know if I will actually need it now this year... waiting to see how much snow arrives... had been considering picking one up after my brother threw the snow plow away for my truck when my deceased Mom's house was sold...
My guess is you will get to try it out. I would be mad if someone tossed my plow without asking.

Latest posts

Back